- Level: 2+ years experience
- Degree: BS or equivalent work experience
- Available: Immediately
- Work Location: Pentagon, VA
- Security: SECRET Clearance is required with ability to obtain TS Clearance..
SSB is looking for an IT Trainer to support the G-3/5/7 staff. The ideal candidate will be personable, knowledgeable in training methodologies, and IT-savvy. The individual will support users by providing deskside and phone training on the use of G-3/5/7 IT products and conduct information technology training on new and upgraded applications, with a focus on SharePoint. Coding experience is useful. The trainer will be responsible for full training support; including the identification of training areas, development of the training plans, and delivery of the training. He or she will be required to identify, use, and develop a variety of training aids. These will include deskside tutoring for specific initiatives; self-paced online training modules; live web seminars and webcasts; and when necessary, instructor-led sessions at user sites. Training audiences will vary in size from very large to one-on-one deskside tutoring.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responding to user requests and help tickets when it is clear that individual training can be used to mitigate the problem.
- Generating training plans that are cost-effective yet provide detailed and effective training for the end users.
- Remain up-to-date on new training methods and trends, create training aids, and provide relevant training tips to enhance customer awareness.
- Development of training situations that contain realistic sample data, illustrate application features, and reflect proper administrative procedures.
- Integrating user training exercises with sample data that provide users with realistic practice using the application.
- Preparing and maintaining a training environment suitable for the chosen training format. This may involve technical assistance to establish communication for a web seminar, as well as technical and facilities assistance to configure a remote training site.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with training and standard training policies and procedures.
- A range of communications skills and styles to support different participant learning styles.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) as well as presentation skills.
- Well organized and very responsive to trainees.
SSB is seeking an enthusiastic and communicative team member with a positive attitude. Someone with dedication and a willingness to work hard. If you are interested in this position, and you think that you meet the outlined criteria, please email us email us your resume, CV, or qualifications, along with a cover letter of introduction.