- Level: 5+ years experience
- Degree: BS or equivalent work experience
- Available: Immediately
- Work Location: Pentagon
- Security: Top Secret Clearance is required.
SSB is looking for a Senior Database Administrator with 5+ years of experience in SQL Server administration, development and maintenance. The successful candidate will have SQL server administration skills including performance management, troubleshooting and clustering in a high-availability environment. The ideal candidate will have experience with PowerShell and automation of management processes.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Managing multiple high-availability SQL Server 2012 and 2016 clusters including SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services
- Working with SharePoint and Web Application administrators to establish and maintain database connectivity and performance
- Optimizing database performance
- Reviewing database functions, stored procedures and triggers with developers for performance improvements
- Reviewing information assurance vulnerability alerts and proposing the necessary steps to maintain database security
- Patching of SQL Server installations in accordance with patch management processes
- Maintain existing SSIS packages
- Run ad hoc database queries
- Converting Access Databases to SQL Server
- Maintaining linked server connection to external databases
- Miscellaneous tasks requiring software/database development skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration
- Security+, A+ or Network+ Certification
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell, ASP.Net, C# and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- 5+ years in SQL and Microsoft-specific database technologies including SQL Server version 2012; SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS); Transact SQL; SQL Server Profiler.
- Very strong written and verbal communication.
- Very strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities.
SSB is seeking an enthusiastic and communicative team member with a positive attitude; and a dedication and willingness to work hard. If you are interested in, and you think that you meet our criteria, please email us your resume, CV, or qualifications, and a cover letter of introduction.